Sunday, July 13, 2014

Chef John is on Vacation!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I’ll be on vacation this week. We’ll continue to publish comments and questions while I’m gone, but I won’t be around to answer them. So yes, it will be very similar to when I’m not on vacation.

I can’t say for sure where I’m going, or what I’ll be doing, but I’m posting this beach picture to show one place I won’t be headed. I didn’t have any photos of me at the beach, but this one is very close to what you’d see (although, the giant cross would actually be a clock).

By the way, I have nothing against the beach, or walking around barely dressed, but the “Hey, who called a cab?” jokes get a little old. Hope you have a great week, and as always, enjoy!
- Photo courtesy of Flikr user Mr TGT
.

13 comments:

Steffen said...

I bet this pic is shopped... ;)

PJ said...

TMI

Steven said...

I don't get it. What's the "Hey, who called a cab?" joke?

Brenda said...

Yeah, I don't get it either. Have a good holiday Chef.

Chef John said...

It's an old insult people use when someone walks by who doesn't have the classic "beach body." Beach guys are tall, blond, and smooth... not short, bald, and hairy. So they joke you must be there to pick someone up.

Rita said...

wherever you're going... have a fun and safe holiday!

Linda said...

Your pics usually make me drool...this one...not so much

Carlos Moura said...

Brazil!

Carlos Moura said...

Whenever you come to Brazil...you should come to my Dad's restaurant! Would be souch a honor to have you and your family here!

Bad said...

Dear God, John!!!

Photoshop or not, this was just too much!

Hahahahaa

Unknown said...

Have a great (deserving) vacation Chef John! Cab or no cab! :)))

lukab said...

Looking forward to your post-vocation post!!:)

Unknown said...

It is great indeed that we will do have some breaks once in while to both relax and regain energies for the life's battles.

Scott (Palm Beach SEO)