Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hello from New York City – The Sandwich Capital of the World!

I just arrived in New York City to take part in a very exciting campaign called, "Club Sandwich." Hellmann's invited me, along with eight other food bloggers, to be brand ambassadors, and we'll be sharing our favorite recipes, construction tips, and other sandwich-related esoterica.

The campaign officially kicks-off on Monday, and will feature a demonstration by Bobby Flay. I don't think it's going to be a sandwich "throwdown," but nevertheless, I will have to make my own creation in front of the Iron Chef. Should be a lot of fun! Stay tuned for more information, and I invite you to follow along with me on Twitter. The event hashtag is #clubsandwich. Enjoy!

This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in Hellmann’s Club Sandwich Program. Visit www.facebook.com/Hellmanns to share how you build the perfect sandwich.

8 comments:

Rodge said...

Enjoy yourself in NYC, Mr. the Ambassador !
I'd love to be invited to your next White Tie Evening.. ;)

PS : I am not proud to say that I am Jealous of all your Food Travel.

Anonymous said...

@Rodge I'm jealous of his food travels... Does that mean your better than me? :(

Food Junkie said...

John, you may have to change your name to the travelling chef! It is nice to see you getting lots of exposure and recognition. I am sure you will more than hold your own. Enjoy New York City.

Kim

Rodge said...

@Anonymous : it just mean i'd love to do the same.

Murka said...

Hey chef John, any chance for a Jewish-easter themed culinary masterpiece? Doesn't have to be something crazy, maybe your take on matzo balls or matzo kugel?

Chef John said...

I'm sorry to admit I've never cooked any of that food before. My Jewish cuisine knowledge is quite lacking.

Dr EE said...

I think the Hellmann's folks must not read your blog... Or they somehow missed your well-known "death to the mayonnaise industry" video. ;)

Chef John said...

Keep your friends close...