Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Heading to Norfolk to Get the Truth Behind America's First Ice Cream Cone

I sure hope I can handle the truth. I'm heading out on my last press trip of the year (I think), to Norfolk, Virginia. I was invited to cover the Town Point Virginia Wine Festival, as well as sample the local cuisine, and since I've never been to the area I decided to check it out.

On Friday we're stopping by Doumar's Cones and BBQ, where a certain Abe Doumar is said to have created the world's first ice cream cone. I will be subjecting them to the same hardcore investigative journalism you've come to expect from me.

That said, after a few free ice cream cones I'm liable to say anything. Hey, you want objectivity, go read the...er...umm...well, you get the point.

Here is a very cute video I found on Doumar's Cones. Enjoy, and stay tuned!



Photo from www.doumars.com

2 comments:

Luatica said...

So nice, I hope somebody takes over and continues this tradition!

Unknown said...

aw man. i go to school down here, it would be sweet to drop in and say hi. too bad i still have two months to go before i turn 21